- Posted 16 January 2024
- ContactJohn Murphy
Contract Administrator – Toronto, Canada
Our client is one of the world's largest and most specialized construction groups that are now making great strides into the Canadian infrastructure market. With further expansion in the region, they are continuing to invest in their core contract and claims management function. They are seeking a Conract Administration expert to work on a major transport infrastructure project in Toronto. The role will report into the Head of Contract Management on the project.
As a company with a reputation for having some of the sharpest contract management minds in their space, they are seeking key experts who have worked in client-facing roles and have been exposed and involved in claims and disputes. With an annual turnover of over €14 billion EUR and over 70,000 employees, they are renowned for their involvement and leading on some of the world's most iconic civil infrastructure projects.
Core responsibilities include:
- Administers assigned subcontracts starting from contract negotiations and maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties
- Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, subcontract performance, subcontract administration and other major matters
- Ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and administering claims that fall under the project insurance policy deductibles
- Implementation of Change Management procedures
- Negotiation of Change Orders and change issues with subcontractors
- Ensure timely and accurate contractual correspondence
- Pricing of change and delay issues
- Identification and tracking of deliverables including bonds, reports and insurance certificates and insurance claims.
- Identification and implementation of record keeping validating potential changes
- Maintenance of change management/issue logs and provision of summary reports
- Maintaining excellent relationships with the subcontractors and public.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Subcontractor kick-off meetings
- Regular subcontractor review meetings
- Payment administration
- Schedule monitoring
- Monthly financial reporting
- Recommend efficiency changes to contract administration
- Subcontract agreement closeout.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or Finance required (Master’s degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in contract administration or a related field like quantity surveying, accounting, finance or legal or education in an insurance-related field working towards full license and CIP designation
- Experience working with and managing contracts
- Knowledge and understanding of the legal requirements involved in specific contracts
- Relevant experience in managing and administering insurance claims
- Ability to conduct telephone investigations, evaluate, negotiate and settle first and third-party commercial lines claims
- Attention to detail and ability to notice errors
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills are essential
- Commitment to ethical business conduct and trusted with sensitive information
- Change management certification or designation desired
- Strong awareness of construction and contract law (Experience with Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) forms of contract an asset)
- Engineering background (civil, systems, MEP, track) preferred but not required
- Significant major project experience dealing with change/claims management/dispute resolution issues
- Being able to work in a team in Joint Venture environment
- Dynamic highly motivated individual able to interact with construction team
If you have the ambition to work on the world's largest civil infrastructure contracts and projects, our client can support you in your ambition and importantly, you will share many of the same values:
- Driven to bring value and add value to the contract management department.
- Passionate about providing claims management advice and guidance.
- Experience in large-scale projects.
- Thrives in a challenging and changing environment where partnerships are international and present different approaches to finding solutions.
- You have a curious, dynamic, and proactive attitude and you pride yourself of a strong attention to detail and great communication skills;
- French and English are also highly desirable.
- Believe in strong collaboration both internally and externally.
For More Details
For more details about the opportunity or company, please reach out to Francesca Indelicato, Senior Talent Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or John Murphy, Director at E: email@example.com